Technical Support Technicians work as part of a team to provide technical support and expertise for all areas of the Engineering and Manufacturing function, including communications software, test, analysis tools, measurement, off line programming, process control, performance and continuous improvement solutions, capacity planning, production scheduling/planning, product technical applications and capability, technical sales and marketing support, product development and innovation, engineering drawing, purchasing and/or supply of goods and services for engineering activities, quality control, inspection and e-commerce technologies as required.
The requirements are designed to stretch the individual and enhance their progression. They will be able to work with minimum supervision, taking responsibility for the quality, accuracy and timely delivery of the work they undertake. They will be proactive in finding solutions to problems and identifying areas for improving the business.
All the learners will begin with a 2 week induction covering the principles of the apprenticeship, Induction to Programme and additional courses such as:
- IOSH Working Safely
- Manual Handling
- Abrasive Wheels
- Diary keeping & continuous professional log
- Equality & Diversity
- Prevent Agenda
- Employment Rights & Responsibilities
- Introduction to Lean
To begin their journey through to becoming an Engineering Technician all learners start with off the job training covering 3 or 5 days dependent upon whether they are undertaking a full time or part time course. During this time learners will work towards achieving a Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence) and a begin their Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge) this knowledge element spans the whole of the programme. Dependent upon prior qualifications learners may also need to complete functional skills in English & Maths to a minimum Level 2.
- Understand mathematical techniques, formula and calculation in a technical support environment.
- Understand the methods and techniques used to evaluate technical data and documentation.
- Understand how to identify that the data and documentation being used is current and up to date.
- Understand the procedure to be used for making changes to issued documentation.
- Understand where and how to course other areas of technical expertise/information to help solve technical issues.
- Understand the requirements of the customer (internal/external) and support using the appropriate tools, equipment and processes.
- Produce technical documentation that contains all the relevant and necessary data and information required for the technical support
- activity being carried out.
- Present technical documentation in the required format.
- Ensure that codes, symbols and other references used in the technical documentation follows agreed UK/International Conventions.
- Save and store technical documentation in the correct format, location in accordance with organisational and/or
- customer requirements.
- Develop effective business and/or customer relationships.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to others.
- Contribute to the business by identifying possible opportunities for improving working practices, processes and/or procedures.
Plus One of the Following:
- Produce engineering/manufacturing production plans
- Obtain resources for engineering/manufacturing activities
- Obtain and control materials used in engineering/manufacturing environments
- Implement quality control/assurance systems and procedures in an engineering/manufacturing environment.
- Provide technical support services on products or services to internal and/or external customers
- Produce documentation to supply or procure goods or services
- Produce offline programs for computer numerical controlled systems.
- Produce programs for scanning/digitalizing or co-ordinate measuring machines
- Produce programs for logic control systems.
- Produce programs for industrial robot applications
- Produce engineering software tools/programs for analysis, quality, configuration management, safety assessments, system security applications
- Produce engineering drawings/models using computer aided design techniques (such as mechanical, electrical, fabrication, fluid power, integrated systems or services)
Technical Support Technician - Engineering Technician Level 3 Download
Send download link to: